Crown Bridge and Veneers
- This is generally k/a dental cap.
- This is fabricated to cover the coronal part of a tooth. Indicated if a tooth is fractured; discolor due to any reason, root canal treated etc.
- To fabricate a crown first the tooth required to be reduced to make space for the crown.
- These crowns can be made-up of all metal, metal with ceramic on its surface k/a PFM crown, All ceramic or zirconia.
- These can be fabricated manually or with the help of computes k/a CAD-CAM crown
- A bridge is fabricated by reducing the natural tooth/ teeth (using a high-speed rotary tool) on either side of the missing tooth or teeth.
- The materials used for the bridges include all metal,porcelain fused to metal, zirconia or porcelain alone.
- A bridge is fixed on natural teeth using dental cements.
- Veneer is a thin shell of ceramic or composite resin bonded to the front of the tooth.
- Veneer is conservative alternative to full coverage for improving the appearance of front teeth.
- Chiefly indicated to improve the discoloration, to close the space between teeth or to restore the small fracture of the tooth.
- Composite resin has limitation of getting discolored with the period of time
- Patients with veneers are instructed not to bit hard object/ food with veneered teeth.
Want to Know More?
At e-DantSeva we are always available to answer any questions you have about your dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions. If you have any questions involving your dental health feel free to write to us at nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com
For website technical support or any problem regarding the website kindly write to us at edantsevanohp[at]gmail[dot]com