- Mouthwash or mouthrinse is a liquid containing antiseptic solution which reduces the microbial load in oral cavity.
- Mouthwash offers the benefit of reaching those areas easily where toothbrush cannot.
- Mouthwash may be used solely for the purpose of masking bad breath and leaving a good taste behind (cosmetic mouthwash) or may be used for specific purpose like control of gingival diseases, bad breath or preventing tooth decay (therapeutic mouthwash).
- It is recommended to use prescription mouthwash as directed by dentist. Mouthwash is not recommended for children younger than 6 years of age due to the risk of inadvertent swallowing.
- It is important to remember that mouthwash is not the replacement of regular oral hygiene routine of tooth brushing and flossing.
Want to Know More?
At e-DantSeva we are always available to answer any questions you have about your dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions. If you have any questions involving your dental health feel free to write to us at nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com
For website technical support or any problem regarding the website kindly write to us at edantsevanohp[at]gmail[dot]com