Other Systemic Problems
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Oral Health
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are contracted through various forms of sexual activity. This can result in the disease taking hold in the tissues surrounding the contact area, and some infections are more likely to affect the mouth than others. The most common STDs of the mouth are herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV.
Symptoms that could indicate an oral STD include :
- Sores in the mouth, which may be painless
- Lesions similar to cold sores and fever blisters around the mouth.
- Red, painful throat and difficulty swallowing.
- Redness with white spots resembling streptococcal throat infection.
- Whitish or yellow discharge.
Want to Know More?
At e-DantSeva we are always available to answer any questions you have about your dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions. If you have any questions involving your dental health feel free to write to us at nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com
For website technical support or any problem regarding the website kindly write to us at edantsevanohp[at]gmail[dot]com