Healthy Diet for healthy teeth
Healthy DietA balanced diet should be recommended at all ages
- Advise on consumption of raw and fibre rich fruits and vegetables
- Advise on avoiding sweetened beverages, soft drinks, sticky and sweet food.
- Advise on avoiding frequent snacking between major meals.
Dietary Goals recommended by WHO
- The intake of free sugars should be reduced to less than 10% of total energy intake and free sugars are all sugars added to foods or drinks by the manufacturer, cook or consumer, as well as sugars naturally present in honey, syrups, fruit juices and fruit juice concentrates.
- Dietary fat should be limited to approximately 15-30 per cent of daily intake.
- Saturated fats should contribute no more than 10 per cent of the total energy intake
- Sources rich in energy such as fats and alcohol should be restricted.
- Salt intake should be reduced to an average of not more than 5g per day.
- Protein should account for approximately 10-15 per cent of the daily intake
- Junk foods such as colas, ketchups and other foods that supply empty calories should be reduced.
- Increase your physical activity levels
- Size matters: Use the food pyramid as a guide for serving sizes
Want to Know More?
At e-DantSeva we are always available to answer any questions you have about your dental health and the choices that are available to address specific conditions. If you have any questions involving your dental health feel free to write to us at nohpindia[at]gmail[dot]com
For website technical support or any problem regarding the website kindly write to us at edantsevanohp[at]gmail[dot]com